Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prayer Request

We were asked to set today aside for fasting and prayer. I didn't hear them mention anything specific we should be remembering this time so I've got some thoughts of my own today. One thing that has really been on my mind lately are all of my single friends. Having been single longer than some I can say that living on your own is not miserable, and you can be content with any stage of life. You have many freedoms that change once you get married, and especially once you start having kids. But...I do know there are times of loneliness that are difficult. It also becomes harder and harder as more of your friends get married and lives become different. Several of the single people I've been thinking about have made marriage a matter of prayer for years and I know God has a plan for each of them. Whether that includes marriage or not doesn't really matter. What matters is that they discover that plan. The desire of my heart of course is they would each find someone to share their lives with. That they would have the happiness I have found by marrying the right person. I know God's timing is not always ours. It wasn't for me, but it was perfect even though I couldn't always see it. Although there are many needs, and this is not the only thing I am praying for today, I would ask if you think about it to remember this too. I'm sure anyone who would be reading this knows the people I'm thinking of today, and I ask that you would mention them in your prayers too. (Although you don't have to let them know I'm blogging about it...wink wink!)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

will do. I wasn't sure either, when I heard about the fasting and prayer. I have kept people in my mind and heart and prayers.

Kim said...

I love a call to action...something to focus on outside myself.

Jenn in AZ said...

I will keep them in my prayers. I have a lot of friends I have been praying for with this same concern. Thanks for the reminder.

HollyB said...

oh, I'm gonna tell... Ok, not really. I've been praying for the same thing!!!