Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taking a Break

Since last night I was so sore and tired after what really didn't seem like all that much work, I told myself I would take a few breaks in between today. Instead of standing on my feet for such long periods at a time like yesterday. I don't really have anything to do with my break time so I'm sitting on the couch right now with my feet up playing on the computer. My wonderful husband has an extra day off today so he is entertaining our son while I get things done. Or in this case, get nothing done :)

Hoping after today we will be ready for the baby to show up at any time. We just need to get out the basinet and the small carseat. Other than that I think we are set. The crib still needs to be put together, but that's on the agenda for today (maybe). Even if that doesnt' get done it would be ok since we aren't going to use it right away anyway. Giving son number one a little time to adjust before the baby invades his room too. I have no feelings at all that I'm going to have this baby early or anything. I just want to be ready so I don't have to worry about it later when my stomach is even bigger! I want this little guy to wait a few more weeks, but not too many. I really don't want to go into June still pregnant. It's getting hot enough as it is. But even more than that I want the baby to show up when his daddy is home. He has a short weekend trip planned (that I told him to take) only 2 weeks before the baby is due. I'm not terribly nervous about that, but hoping the timing is ok. It's not as if you can really plan on when a baby will show up. I wasn't early before so hopefully I won't be now. Baby can come before or after but there is a 3 day window he needs to avoid!

Well, looks like I've taken a pretty good break. Time to get back to work. For a little while at least. Then it's back to my perch on the couch. My ankles do not need to get as huge as they were yesterday ever again :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

cankles are fun, Bec! I don't know what you're talking about he he. Yeah, being pregnant limits you when you're not expecting it too. You sure do feel it when you do though. I hope you're still resting and getting what you need. I wasn't ready a lick when Kaia came and it all came together alright. Sounds like you're ahead of the game. Crossing my fingers that baby doesn't come when he's gone :)

Liza said...

Yes, you need to take breaks! Don't feel bad at all. It will be better for you, your veins, your ankles, etc.

Manon said...

Sometimes "getting nothing done" IS getting something done, especially when you need the rest. Hope you're feeling well, and that you get to have your happy hubby there!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

AH, I'm so behind! 3 days late! Sorry!
Anyway, you do have some time left but not much. And it's always a relief to know all that's left is labor! =) Is the crib up now?!
And hey, take more breaks!! =)