Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


I've been reading some Mother's Day inspired blogs and so I thought I'd follow along and share one too. One of the greatest blessings I've been given in my life is my mom... Mom, you have dealt with me patiently through the good and bad moments of my childhood and teenage years. You have been willing to listen when I just needed to talk, as well as give sound advice when the time was right. You have lived your life as an example of a Godly woman who puts her trust in the Lord in every circumstance. Your patience and loving attitude are things I'm still aspiring to find in myself one day. I know our ultimate example of how to live is in Christ, but your footsteps are also some I hope to follow in as well. As a mother myself now I appreciate the sacrifices you made for us over the years even more. You have always put others first, and shown that selfless charity that we are commanded to have. Thank you for all you have done to help me discover God's plans for my life, and to learn to follow Him.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

awww *sniffle*

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Sweet. Hope she sees this...

Manon said...

I love your mom. She's such a sweetie. It was so good to have a few times to sit and talk with her when we were back to AZ in Nov. I really enjoyed the conversations. Give her a hug from me when you see her again.

(Show her your post. You have no idea how special it is to see your kids publicly acknowledge your love.)