Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Christmas


checking out the loot!



Daddy and ALL the kids



Opening the first present!

These are just a few pictures from our Chrismas celebratioin at home. We later went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for more presents. Then to yet another family get together where he got even MORE presents. Seriously, we could've given him nothing and he would still have had so much from everyone else. Of course having a teacher for a mom means you get educational presents. We didn't buy him any toys. He only got books, flash cards, and a counting CD from mom and dad. He wasn't lacking at all in the toy deparment though when the day was done for all of you who were feeling sorry for him :)
He seemed to enjoy his first Christmas, but I think he was overwhelmed after about the first two gifts. I'm pretty sure he was confused because normally we tell him not to tear paper, and then suddenly we wanted him to rip up lots of it. He didn't play with many of the toys, but he did try and eat several of the books. And banging on the boxes was pretty fun too. As I watched him I was once again reminded of what a blessing he has been to our lives. Even though he hasn't even been around for a year, I can't imagine life without that adorable little guy.
This was one of the best Christmases I've ever had. Not because of the gifts, but because of joy I felt spending time with family and friends. As well as remembering the greatest gift of all, the birth of our Saviour, and his sacrifice for us. We could never ask for, or receive, anything more than that.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that pic with adam and easton and the dogs haha...Easton looks like he had a great time!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Too cute! I have a few of him from Aunt Trish's house I need to email you. =)