Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cinderalla Style

So yesterday I needed to mop my floor. Saturday my mop fell apart so we went and bought a new top for it. I didn't do anything with my floor Sunday, and anyone who has been to my house knows that even if I did mop, within minutes my dogs have made it look as if I haven't cleaned in weeks. It's a very obnoxious cycle, but that's a different story. Anyway...since I hadn't done anything Sunday the floor was in desperate need of cleaning. Monday morning while the kiddo was napping I went to put the new mop head on and realized that it's the wrong one, it won't fit. Grrr!!! A sound very similar to that escaped my lips as I tried in vain to force the mop parts together. I looked at the mop, looked at my floor, and thought this will have to wait I guess. But then I thought of the poor baby sleeping so soundly who would soon be awake and wanting to crawl all over said floor (which had muddy doggie footprints all over it!), and I thought I can't let him down on this messs. He will be filthy in minutes, and I'm sure find something the dogs dragged in to put in his mouth. So I decided that for my son, I would clean the floor another way. So as I went across the floor on my hands and knees scrubbing away, I couldn't help but have the words "Cinderelly, Cinderelly all day long it's Cinderelly..." going through my head in the little mouse voice.

2 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Lol. Now that song is going to be stuck in my head!!
I love the convenience of the mop, but when I scrub the floor on hands and knees, it's always WAY cleaner! It's NOT FAIR!! =)
Kids are meant to get dirty, especially boys. Remember that next time the mop is broken. (I know, look who's talking, huh?) =)~

Melanie said...

haha. Kai and I just watched that movie. I have mopped the floor like that many a time or used a spray bottle with cleaner and a towel that I "skate" on. Easton has a good mommy! :)